WAYB SAFETY STANDARDS & INFORMATION
Here at WAYB, family always comes first.
As parents ourselves, we take pride in equipping families with safe, high quality products for everyday adventures. Our priority is and will always be to ensure you and your tiny traveler are safe, and we are committed to meeting or exceeding safety standards for all our products.
Thank you for allowing WAYB to be part of your family’s journey.
PICO: DESIGNED FOR SAFETY
- AeroWing™ Aluminum - The Pico Car Seat is designed with custom made, extruded 6000 series Aluminum (AL) Safetwin pipe, marrying the strength of two individual pipes for maximum durability while keeping Pico light and compact.
- V-Shape Tether - The Pico’s seat tether has a V-shape design, which allows for two attachment points to ensure a secure installation and minimal side-to-side movement. In the event of a collision, multiple rows of stitching on the tether itself help decelerate forward movement. We recommend using the seat tether whenever possible.
- 5-Point Harness - The Pico’s 5-point harness ensures a secure fit and five secure attachment points at all times: one over each shoulder, one on each side of the pelvis, and one between the legs with all five coming together at a common buckle. A 5-point harness on forward-facing child restraints keeps kids secure, limits forward movement, and better distributes force in the event of a collision.
The Pico meets all US standards regulated by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
The Pico has been tested to meet all FMVSS 213 and FMVSS 302 standards.
What does that actually mean?
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) is an agency of the US federal government that belongs to the U.S. Department of Transportation. NHTSA sets the US standards for all child passenger safety seats.
- The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is the governmental body responsible for the safety of civil aviation. Any car seat used on a plane must meet their standards.
- FMVSS 213 - Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards for Child Restraint Systems
- FMVSS 302 - Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards for Flammability of Interior Materials
We test our products in the same safety labs used by NHTSA for their own crash testing.
You can learn more about Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards here: https://www.nhtsa.gov/laws-regulations/fmvss
The Pico is recommended for kids age 2 years and up who weigh 22 to 50 pounds and are 30” to 45" tall. The maximum height limit is reached when the straps are level with the shoulders, or when the tops of the ears are level with the top of the headrest in its highest position, whichever occurs first.
We encourage you to check your state’s laws. Some states, such as California, require children to remain rear-facing in most cases until age 2.
You can reference car seat laws by state here: https://saferide4kids.com/car-seat-laws-by-state/
The Pico can be installed using either your car's LATCH system, a lap and shoulder belt, or lap only seat belt. We encourage you to use whichever installation method is easiest for your lifestyle and vehicle. Please visit our support page for useful instructions on a safe and easy installation for your little one.
Remember to always attach the tether strap connector to the tether anchor if the Pico is installed in a seat equipped with a tether anchor.
FLYING WITH PICO
When taking the Pico on a flight, you may need to show the flight staff the government-approved label that says, "This restraint is certified for use in motor vehicles and aircraft." The Pico labeling is located at the bottom of the seat in red text.
You can also check out our airplane installation video here.
PICO EXPIRATION & WARRANTY
The Pico expires seven years from the date of manufacture and comes with a three-year limited warranty.